The Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies offers grants of up to $5,000 for Harvard College students to offset expenses related to unpaid (or low-paying) internships in Russia, Eastern Europe, or Central Asia. Priority will be given to internships in nonprofits and public service.
All current students in good standing except graduating seniors. The Davis Center may be able to facilitate some internship placements; interested applicants should contact Donna Griesenbeck to discuss.
Summer grant recipients are expected to carry out internships of at least eight weeks in Russia, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, or the Caucasus. These grants may cover only a portion of your internship-related expenses, so be sure to apply to all eligible funding sources. Applicants should visit the Office of Career Services Summer Funding web page or search the Funding Sources Database to identify other options.
Upon completion of the internship, grant recipients shall submit an expense report and a brief narrative report describing their activities and accomplishments, any obstacles encountered, and any anticipated impact on future academic or career goals. Grant recipients are also expected to participate in Davis Center student outreach activities.
A complete application consists of the following:
- The Centralized Application for Research and Travel
- A statement of purpose of no more than 750 words, describing what you hope to gain from the internship and how it relates to your Harvard coursework and/or your future career plans.
- A current one-page resume
- A current unofficial Harvard transcript including grades from the previous fall term
- Documentation confirming the status of your internship, if available
- One letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference, to be submitted directly via CARAT.
The CARAT online form with all supporting materials must be submitted by Friday, February 10, 2017 for summer 2017 travel.
Contact: Donna Griesenbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.495.1194